Thursday, December 4, 2008

Friends from China

This week I was happy to see some new friends come back from China SST. One of them was particularly exciting to reunite with because he was the individual that first started encouraging me to meditate. It is interesting to hear about how there are extreme levels of meditation that are practiced by other cultures and religions. It helps to show how incredible meditation really can be, and with the effort put into it, it really can be a powerful practice. I was excited to meditate again, with finals closing in and the cruddy weather at the doorstep it is a bit more challenging to find time to meditate. Although, those are just ways to weasel out of it. As I meditate now I still experience similar forms of enlightenment, while the outdoor locations provide a better environment, the practice of meditation does not lose its effect. I am excited to see many more friends return from SST travels and have them share their experience with me.

No comments: