Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can't sleep without an empty mind

For my last meditation of the semester I found myself getting out of bed late Monday night after not being able to sleep. I hopped out of bet and sat on a couch and meditated. I think it is really interesting how habits are created. For some reason we find ourselves doing something repeatedly over a long period of time and eventually it's just something we do. Do we not breath out of habit, or do we breath do give oxygen to our body? I don't think of it like that. We even pick up other people's habits. We don't even know why they do it, but then we do it in a mimicking nature. I think that like most people, I am a mimic to other peoples personalities. It's one way that I connect with them, by finding a way to be like them. I mimic out of habit. Now that the semester is coming to and end I'm sure that I'll drop old habits and pick up new ones -- out of habit of course. How do we break habits? What is a bad habit? What is a good habit?

Will meditation become a habit to me?

No comments: