Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clarity

This week I decided to change my location a little bit. I moved to a location that was similar, and provided a nice and quite environment with nature elements, but was a good transition of scenery. It is almost strange to think that the location can matter so much if the majority of the time is spent with my eyes closed. It really shows me how much self-awareness we have, every noise, movement, touch, can be 'felt' even if you can't see it. This time as I meditated I did a good job of clearing my mind from thoughts, compared to previous times I felt that, while I was clearing out my mind, I still ended up focusing on something specifically and deeply. Today it turned out that I was able to focus solely on my breathing (at least for a while), and it really was a good turn out. Why do we have to be thinking of something all the time anyways. Can you compare the idea of sleep to the brain? Our physical bodies need to rest everyday for about 8 hours, how much time do we give our mind for rest, does it rest with our body when we sleep or does it work on making dreams?

Huh, sometimes I think I'm talking crazy...

Anywho, I want to continue to say that meditation has been a very worthwhile experience, I hope to keep doing it, and I encourage anyone else to try it. And not just 'try,' but to actually 'do'.

Uhg, I hate my writing style.

No comments: