Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting off my feet

It has been about 2 weeks since I first mediated. My last session went very well in comparison to the previous one. I still find it quite ironic that the semester that I start mediating is the same semester that I have a class that basically requires it (The first time I meditated was the day before it was given as an assignment in class). I guess I'm not complaining.

This week I decided to go somewhere on campus that was really special to me, a place where I have previously gone to when I need to think. I call it my 'favorite spot.' Needless to say this helped me out a great deal. Not only was I inspired to relax and enjoy the environment around me, but it also helped me in the sense that I was less conscious of being disturbed by other people. I tried not to think of time, I didn't want to be timing myself, I simply wanted to meditate.

During the time I spent meditating I focused on my posture and my breathing. Thousands of thoughts raced through my head, everything seemed random. I felt at peace. After I was done I felt great, I was calm. I rode my bike home only to find out how much I love riding my bicycle at night, its the most peaceful thing. I was in a great mood, I was relaxed, and my thoughts were so much more organized and focused. I really had a positive experience with my last meditation session, this is something that I wish I had been doing for years.

No comments: